- ICTs improve collaboration
- Larger collaborations are more rigid & hierarchical (No -- on matters pertaining to the generation of scientific research, they are not. Size is less significant than we suspected.)
- Outcomes of a collaboration determine success.
- Collaborations are based on Trust. (Trust has no influence on outcomes.)
- Co-authorship tells us important things about collaboration
- We can learn from high energy physics. (Not typical - Physics is only typical of high-energy physics. Not a model.)
- Collaboration is a necessity
- Collaborations are formed by people who know each other.
- Collaborations benefit everyone (e.g., Matthew effect).
- Benefits of collaboration are greater than the costs. (Believe it -- but it isn’t true.)